Meat Sauce for Pasta
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 8 oz guanciale or pancetta chopped to 1/4”
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbls vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion diced fine
- 1 28 oz San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 15 oz crushed tomatoes
- 12 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup beef bouillion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbs oregano fresh, chopped
- 2 tbs flat leaf parsley fresh, chopped
- 2 tbs basil fresh, chopped
- 2 lbs of your favorite dried pasta
- Brown the guanciale in a frying pan. Drain and set aside. Brown the Italian sausage and ground beef together. Break up the meat as it cooks. Drain and set aside.
- Place oil and onions in a 4 qt dutch oven. Cook on medium heat until soft. Puree the whole tomatoes in a blender and add to the dutch oven along with the tomato paste and crushed tomatoes. Add all other ingredients and stir well.
- Place the dutch oven in a 250 degree oven and simmer for two hours. This helps prevent the sauce from burning on the bottom of the pan.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
Serving: 8ozCalories: 831kcalCarbohydrates: 84gProtein: 36gFat: 39gSaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 1365mgPotassium: 1194mgFiber: 7gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 862IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 163mgIron: 6mg