It’s easy to make canned refried beans a whole lot better.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 tsp cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp coriander ground
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper fresh
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 28 ounce refried beans
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup Queso Fresco cheese
- Stem, seed and finely chop the jalapeno. In a medium saucepan, sauté the chopped onions until soft. Add the chopped jalapeno and the chopped garlic and sauté for another minute or two. Stir in the cumin, coriander, chili powder, oregano, black pepper and salt.
- Add the beans and 1/3 cup of water. Stir well. The beans should appear slightly thin. This will help the spices to blend with the beans. Add more water if necessary.
- Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Top with Queso Fresco and serve.
Refried beans out of the can are just not that exciting. This is an easy way to add a ton of flavor without a lot of effort.
PAID AFFILIATE LINKS
BBQ Tools & Supplies
Fireboard 2 Drive: https://www.fireboard.com/shop/firebo…
Fireboard 2: https://www.fireboard.com/shop/firebo…
Fireboard Pro: https://www.fireboard.com/shop/firebo…
Serving: 8ozCalories: 99kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 5gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 748mgPotassium: 31mgFiber: 4gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 175IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 63mgIron: 1mg